Friday, May 8, 2009

Quick and to the point with Fraud-Ram



I won't dwell on this topic of the Steroid Era for too much because sincerely, my opinions of this matter was buried, or so I thought, a long time ago. Right after the A-Rod news came out. I wasn't hoping for a day in which we would hear another Superstar linked to the Steroid Era, much less a guy like Manny Ramirez. But hey, I said that I wasn't going to be surprised if another player of his caliber would get caught, and frankly, I'm not. It was just a matter of days. And it will only be another matter of days for the next leaf of the Steroid tree to dwindle and fall, and disgrace the game even more.

I really don't care anymore whether it was a mysterious cream, or vitamins from the GNC store, or female hormone pills, the list of banned substances are given out each and every year to every member of the players union. I would assume that any player with the right frame of mine, and who wants to protect his reputation, should look over that list ANY time that they take any medicine or a trainer's miracle cream. You know, just in case there is anything that might get them SUSPENDED and hurt their team in the process.

Well, the Dodgers sure are glad that they didn't trade Juan Pierre this past offseason. He is their starter for at least the next 50 games. He'll steal you a bunch of bases and score a lots of runs, but he is no Manny.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Victor,

    I thought you'd be interested in this Op-ed from the N. Y. Times. It argues that Steroid users should be allowed in Cooperstown.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/20/opinion/20chafets.html

    ReplyDelete